The March 2020 Brawl Stars update has dropped! A wealth of exciting new features has just been added to the game, including a new Brawler named Jessie, Gadgets for every Brawler, new maps, new skins, and much more! Read more to find out everything new that was added to Brawl Stars.
New Brawler – Jacky! She works her jackhammer to shake up the ground and nearby enemies. Her Super pulls in nearby foes, leaving them in the dust!
- Main Attack – Groundbreaker: Jacky hops on her Jackhammer to shake the ground all around. Enemies caught too close will get a pounding!
- Super Ability – Holey Moley! Jacky drills a hole in the ground, pulling in foes. She is partially shielded during her Super.
- Gadget – Speed boost: Jacky gets a burst of energy and moves faster!
- Star Power 1: Reflects damage received back to enemies who are close to Jacky
- Star Power 2: Passively reduces all incoming damage
New Brawler – Sprout! (Coming in April!)
- Darryl Rework
- Mascot Darryl – 80 Gems
- PSG Shelly – 80 Gems
- Dark Bunny Penny – 10 000 Star Points
- College EMZ – 500 Star Points
- Coach Dynamike – 150 Gems
- Tanuki Jessie – 150 Gems
- Horus Bo – 150 Gems
PSG Cup! Mar 19: Play this new challenge for rewards, glory, AND if you manage to get 9 wins, you’ll unlock PSG Shelly before anyone else!
- This challenge will be available at 800+ total trophies and include Super Stadium, Pinball Dreams, and Galaxy Arena Brawl Ball maps.
Gadgets!! Each Brawler now has a unique gadget that unlocks an activated ability for the Brawler
- Gadgets are found in Brawl Boxes and in the shop at Power Level 7 for each Brawler
- Damage dealing gadgets do not charge Super (similar to Star Powers)
- Power Play will not require gadgets to play
- Friendly rooms have a setting to disable gadget use in the match
The Underdog System!* This matchmaking improvement helps games with uneven Trophy amounts between teams.
- Only in 3v3 modes and does not affect Solo/Duo showdown
- Provides a bonus to gained trophies or a reduction to lost trophies when triggered
- Status is shown when entering the match and also after the match
- Underdog status is triggered when either of the two following conditions are met:
- Player is matched with two other players who are playing together in a team and have a 200 trophy difference between them in their Brawler scores
- Player is matched against an enemy team whose average Brawler trophies is 200+ trophies higher than the player’s team
- Underdog bonus is not available when using Play Again
*Temporarily disabled as of 3/17
Event Rotation Changes
- New and some returning maps have been added and the worst performing maps have been removed
- Tickets have been removed from Brawl Boxes and the shop. In the next update, tickets will be removed completely. Use them while you can!
- Increased the number of free tickets given in Robo Rumble and Big Game from 2 to 5
- SCID Friends support added in certain countries
- Safe Play – With safe accounts for younger players, we’re now offering Brawl Stars to players under the age of 13
- Added 120Hz battle frame rate entries for more Asus ROG Phone II variants
- Brawl Ball: On the ground effects such as Barley’s Super no longer deal damage after a goal is scored (the visual effect still remains)
- Mortis: Fixed a bug which allowed Mortis to dash inside walls
- 8-BIT: Fixed a bug which prevented 8-BIT from using main attack instantly after respawn in Solo Showdown
- Tailspin damage reduced from 400 to 360 per swing
- Decreased Health from 3500 to 3400
- Decreased Run n’ Gun efficiency by 17%
- Increased Porter spawn delay from 2 seconds to 4 seconds
- Reduced Main Attack damage from 900 to 840
- Reduced Rude Sands damage from 120 to 100
- 8-Bit – 8-Bit instantly teleports to his Damage Booster, which is then destroyed.
- Barley – Barley drops a sticky concoction that leaves a puddle, slowing down all enemies that make contact with it.
- Bea – Bea drops honey pot that slows down any enemies that get too close.
- Bibi – Bibi heals 600 health per second for 4 seconds.
- Bo – Bo drops a totem that recharges his and any allies’ Supers within the area of effect.
- Brock – Brock blasts the ground below him and propels himself into the air. The explosion deals 500 damage to nearby enemies.
- Bull – Bull instantly rejuvenates himself for 1500 health.
- Carl – Carl drops a trail of hot rocks behind his cart that inflict damage to enemies that they touch. Dealing 300 damage per second.
- Colt – Colt instantly reloads 2 bullets into his revolvers.
- Crow – Crow gets a shield of 60% of incoming damage for 3 seconds.
- Darryl – Darryl spins around and sprays a barrage of shots in all directions.
- Dynamike – Dynamike spins furiously and throws multiple sticks of dynamite around himself. Each dynamite deals 700 damage to enemies.
- EMZ – EMZ pushes back all enemies around her while also dealing 500 damage.
- Frank – Frank is able to disrupt being stunned and momentarily becomes immune to any stuns, slows and knockbacks.
- Gene – All enemies close to Gene are instantly pushed back. Gene also restores 1000 health.
- Jacky – Jacky gets a burst of energy and moves 38% faster for 3 seconds.
- Jessie – Jessie triggers a shockwave from her turret, slowing all enemies within its area of effect.
- Leon – Leon creates an illusion of himself to confuse his enemies.
- Max – Max dashes forward and becomes immune to all damage from enemies while dashing.
- Mortis – Mortis spins his shovel, hitting all enemies around himself for 1300 damage.
- Mr. P – Mr. P buffs his current porter by increasing its damage by 150 and health by 1000.
- Nita – Nita commands her bear to slam the ground, stunning all enemies within its reach.
- Pam – Pam momentarily triggers her healing turret to create a single healing burst that revitalizes herself and nearby allies for 1200 health.
- Penny – Penny blows up her cannon, creating a powerful explosion that crumbles walls and deals 1500 damage to nearby enemies.
- Piper – Piper fires off 4 quick shots at the closest enemy. Each shot dealing 400 damage.
- Poco – Poco and all nearby allies heal 500 health per second for 5 seconds.
- Primo – El Primo grabs the closest enemy within his reach and flips them like a pancake over his broad shoulders.
- Rico – Rico blasts waves of bouncy bullets in all directions.
- Rosa – Rosa fertilizes the ground around her and bushes instantly grow to provide great cover.
- Sandy – Sandy falls asleep for 2 seconds and his health is fully restored.
- Shelly – Shelly dashes forward with the help of a hook and line.
- Spike – Spike shoots 3 waves of needles in all directions, dealing 520 damage per hit.
- Tara – Tara and her allies are able to see all enemies, even inside bushes, for 5 seconds.
- Tick – Tick makes a quick dash, leaving a single mine on the ground